Why Polka Dots?


I have been thinking about things that make me happy lately. What are those little things that bring a smile to our faces, but we don't really appreciate?

I was out for coffee with my friend Heather last Friday. She wanted to stop in a nearby store before leaving the mall. As we walked through the mall, some brightly colored wrapping paper caught me eye. They had florals, stripes and, yes, polk dot papers in wonderfully cheery colors : mango, magenta, citron, aqua, purple. I just couldn't help but think "aren't those cute"? I especially liked the citron polka dot paper and thought it would brighten the bookshelves in my new craft room. Heather told me that her daughter Molly always says that "polka dots make her happy".

You know, she's right. Think about it, would a polka dot ever make you feel sad, crabby or anxious? No! They are fun and whimsical. I dare you to look at something with polka dots and not feel your inner child smile. So that's the theme of my blog. Everyday I plan to find that little something that makes my inner child say "ooo, look at that!" and brings a smile to my face. I hope you do the same!


Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Wonder Dog


Cosmo has been such a wonderful addition to our family. He is such a sweet, easy going puppy. His birthday was May 17th. We spoiled him rotten with new squeaky toys (his favorite), a trip to the dog park and bones from the butcher (strangely, he didn't like them....). Cosmo learned how to go up and down steps during birthday week and now enjoys a lot more freedom in the house.

Cosmo even has his own Facebook page!

I love Cosmo. He brings me joy everyday and, needless to say, makes me very happy!

What made you happt today?

No comments:

Post a Comment