Why Polka Dots?


I have been thinking about things that make me happy lately. What are those little things that bring a smile to our faces, but we don't really appreciate?

I was out for coffee with my friend Heather last Friday. She wanted to stop in a nearby store before leaving the mall. As we walked through the mall, some brightly colored wrapping paper caught me eye. They had florals, stripes and, yes, polk dot papers in wonderfully cheery colors : mango, magenta, citron, aqua, purple. I just couldn't help but think "aren't those cute"? I especially liked the citron polka dot paper and thought it would brighten the bookshelves in my new craft room. Heather told me that her daughter Molly always says that "polka dots make her happy".

You know, she's right. Think about it, would a polka dot ever make you feel sad, crabby or anxious? No! They are fun and whimsical. I dare you to look at something with polka dots and not feel your inner child smile. So that's the theme of my blog. Everyday I plan to find that little something that makes my inner child say "ooo, look at that!" and brings a smile to my face. I hope you do the same!


Friday, April 22, 2011

Fridays With Friends

OK, it is a very dreary, cold, damp April Friday. Luckily it is my weekly coffee outing with friends. Today we went to the newly remodeled Turtle Bread Company in Linden Hills. Love, love, love the new interior, especially the pear, black and white color scheme. Of course I just happened to be wearing the same colors, so maybe that influenced me. Needless to say I felt right at home :-)

Kathryn tried the pancakes and they were pretty darn amazing. They were the size of dessert plates (2 to an order) and were super fluffy. Most importantly, they were quite tasty ...... scrumptious, yummy, delish!!!

OK, I think we really liked them! Should have taken some pics.... next time (and I am sure there will be a next time)

On the way to our cars, we spied a new shop (at least to us) called the Linden Tree Shop. Talk about adorable! This little pocket shop is located on 44th & Beard right across from Turtle Bread Company. The shop is filled with specialty fabrics, hand-crafted clothing, and unique gifts, all created by local artists using traditionally feminine art forms.......and it is a veritable polka dot heaven!!!! Polka dot fabric, polka dot aprons, polka dot chandelier lamp covers. I am in love.

What made you happy today???






No comments:

Post a Comment